- Early morning Appointments - Appointments can be booked early in the morning on a Tuesday and Thursday, these appointments are particularly available for working patients.
- Same Day (Urgent) - these are appointments that you feel require urgent medical attention on that day.
- Pre-Bookable (Routine Non-Urgent) - if you require an appointment with a doctor or nurse you may call into the surgery or contact us by phone to book your appointment. You may also register to use our online booking facility for GP appointments. You will see your own doctor wherever possible, so that you receive the best continuity of care. If your doctor is away on leave you will be offered an appointment with another doctor. (Please contact us if you need to cancel a pre-bookable appointment, as our audit has shown that many pre-bookable appointments are not kept).
- Internet Appointments - to help patients who work and find it difficult to ring in during opening times, there is a pre-bookable internet slot available.
- Telephone Appointments - you can book a telephone appointment slot where the doctor can call you back, providing you feel the matter is suitable for discussing over the telephone. Doctors take telephone calls for routine enquiries these calls are taken at the end of morning surgery and therefore must be kept brief.
- Emergency Telephone Triage - this is an appointment that requires urgent medical attention on the day. The doctor can call you back, providing you feel the matter is suitable for discussing over the telephone, if the doctor feels you should be seen an appointment will be made for you.
- Same day (urgent)
- Emergency slots
10 minutes are allocated for each routine appointment. Please be punctual and contact us if you cannot attend, to enable your appointment to be offered to someone else. Please remember "one appointment, one problem". You can ask for longer appointments if you have more than one complaint.
Minor Illness/Minor Injury Appointments
Lesley Thorne, practice nurse, will be available on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to see any of the following ailments:-
Earache, Sinusitis, Conjuctivitus or sore eyes, sore throat, urinary tract infection/cystisis, vaginal discharge, diarrhoea and vomiting, cough, colds & flu, back pain - non traumatic, emergency contraception, insect bites & stings, foreign bodies, lacerations, burns & scalds, sprains, epistaxis (nose bleeds), sunburn