Important information for our patients
The Practice handles your medical records in line with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) . As part of this process we consider the following:
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing your care and treatment (Hospitals, District Nurses, Out of Hours services)
- In some circumstances we sometimes share information for medical research, for example to find out more about how people become ill
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to apply for a subject access request to obtain a copy of your medical record
- You have the right to object to your medical record being shared with those who provide your care
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services
- You have the right to have mistakes rectified and to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.
GDPR Information Leaflet Privacy Notice Health Records
Privacy Notice Screening Privacy Notice Sharing Agreements
Privacy Notice Medical Research