N.B: Our appointment system is a triage first system , which means you can book a telephone call with your GP who will be able to assess whether your problem can be dealt with over the telephone, over a video consultation, signposted to another service more appropriate or ask you to come to the surgery for a face to face consultation. We have both pre-bookable & same day Telephone triage appointments available. Please note as below same day appointments are for urgent issues.
You can book these triage appointments via the telephone or via online services.
- Same Day (Urgent) - these are appointments that you feel require urgent medical attention on that day.
- Pre-Bookable (Routine Non-Urgent) - if you require an appointment with a doctor or nurse you can contact us by phone to book your appointment. You may also register to use our online booking facility for GP appointments. You will speak to your own doctor wherever possible, so that you receive the best continuity of care. If your doctor is away on leave you will be offered an appointment with another doctor. (Please contact us if you need to cancel a pre-bookable appointment, as our audit has shown that many pre-bookable appointments are not kept).
- Internet Appointments - to help patients who work and find it difficult to ring in during opening times, there is a pre-bookable telephone internet slot available.
- Online Appointment – These appointments are when you don’t need to see a doctor or a nurse but may have a query that can be answered by sending in a written request using our online access link. It may be a clinical query that just needs a quick answer and doesn’t need for you to be seen or for you to talk to the clinician or an administrative query. Someone will come back to you as soon as they have an answer for you.
- Community Pharmacy Appointments - You may have an issue that a referral to a Community Pharmacist can help. If this is the case our staff will explain you can be referred to a community pharmacist who is qualified to consult on minor ailments. You can choose the pharmacy you would like to consult with and we will organise for them to ring you on the day and discuss your problem. If they feel a doctor needs to be involved in your consultation they will let you and us know.
10 minutes are allocated for each routine appointment. Please be punctual and contact us if you are not available to speak to the doctor or attend the apointment, to enable your appointment to be offered to someone else. Please remember "one appointment, one problem". You can ask for longer appointments if you have more than one complaint.
Minor Illness/Minor Injury Appointments
Lesley Thorne, practice nurse, will be available on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to see any of the following ailments following a triage phone call:-
Earache, Sinusitis, Conjuctivitus or sore eyes, sore throat, urinary tract infection/cystisis, vaginal discharge, diarrhoea and vomiting, cough, colds & flu, back pain - non traumatic, emergency contraception, insect bites & stings, foreign bodies, lacerations, burns & scalds, sprains, epistaxis (nose bleeds), sunburn